BY CLAIRISSA MYATT
It seems as though every year the world becomes a little more pumpkin crazed, and many interesting new products have started stocking shelves this fall season.
Everyone knows about the notorious pumpkin spice latte (PSL) from Starbucks, but lately, some interesting products have hit the market that have brought the popular flavor to a whole new level.
1) Breakfast: Sure, one could go for the typical PSL, however, Kellogg’s Eggo has come up pumpkin spice flavored waffles. Instant oatmeal, toaster pastries and Pop-Tarts have also joined the bandwagon. Bringing breakfast to a whole new level, Kellogg’s has given “Leggo my Eggo” a whole new meaning.
2) Soda: If one is looking for a refreshing beverage to wash down those waffles, why not try a pumpkin pie soda? Available only in select markets, Main Root Beverages has developed a one of a kind flavor of soda. Unlike Starbucks’ PSL, this drink is caffeine free. In addition, it was the winner of the 2010 Expo East New Product Pavillion- Best of New England.
3) Peanut Butter: Everyone does it, dipping the spoon into the peanut butter jar for a light snack. However, there may be some double dipping going on now that Jif has come up with a peanut butter and pumpkin pie flavored spread. Put it on bread, a banana or even a simple spoon and try it out today.
4) Gum: Most people reach for gum to get that fresh breath feeling. Well, not anymore. Thanks to Extra you can enjoy the delicious pie taste morning, noon and night without all the additional calories.
5) M&Ms: M&Ms are notorious for their creative flavors. From birthday cakes to pretzels, the company is constantly coming up with new ideas. With this new pumpkin spice flavor, it is expected that M&Ms will experience yet another hit.
6) Oreo’s: Oreo has officially put pumpkin spice flavored Oreo’s on the shelf. With a vanilla cookie and pumpkin center, America may have found its new favorite treat. If one is feeling daring, go ahead and dip the Oreo in a pumpkin spice latte, but be prepared for a taste explosion like no other.
7) Yogurt: Both Chobani and Yoplait have created yogurts to incorporate pumpkin this fall. Unlike all of the other pumpkin flavored items on the market, there is actual pumpkin in the Chobani yogurt. Nothing artificial here, if it is pumpkin that one wants, it is pumpkin one will get.
8) Pasta: Finally, an acceptable way to enjoy pumpkin spice at dinner: behold, pumpkin spice fettuccini. Being nutritious and all natural, Rossi Pasta has captured the season of autumn in a simple dish. Try it with whatever one can imagine, it is sure to turn out well.