This story has recently popped up in Palm Beach County as the clown hoax has spread around the United States via social media. The story written below from Associated Press, details one count of the clown hoax in Charlotte Harbor, Florida.
(AP) The Charlotte County sheriff’s office provided additional patrols around all area schools Friday as precaution to yet another social media threat showing up in different parts of the country.
This time the threat is about “scary clowns” showing up at schools to cause mayhem.
In St. Joseph, Missouri, school and police officials were on the alert when a posting on social media warned that “clowns would show up at all high schools” to kill or kidnap teachers and students Friday as they head to their cars. Similar threats were posted in California and other parts of the country.
Aware of the spreading “creepy clown” threats, the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office posted on its Facebook page that additional patrols would be provided near all county schools as a matter of precaution. However, the sheriff’s posting added that there’s “been no credible threat to any teachers or students” locally.
Recently, hundreds of Charlotte County students stayed home after elaborate birthday plans posted on social media were misinterpreted as a threat to teachers and pupils. And a local high school football game was postponed earlier this season after concerns of violence off the field. Nothing came of it.
The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office reported the following arrests:
– Shelly Ann Rivera Rodriguez, 20, 3600 block of Easy St., Port Charlotte. Charges: four counts possession of harmful new legend drug, possession of controlled substance without prescription and battery. Bond: $10,000.
– Ian Douglas McGuire, 26, undetermined address, North Port. Charges: two counts DUI with damage to property or person.
– Erin Alice Louise Conant, 37, of Fort Myers. Charges: criminal use of personal ID without consent, driving while license suspended and giving false ID to law enforcement. Bond: $11,500.
– James Wesley Myers, 47, of N. Fort Myers. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: none.
– Spencer Adam Parr, 38, 2400 block of Elkcam Blvd., Port Charlotte. Charges: driving while license suspended, possession of controlled substance without prescription and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: none.
– Robin Lynn Palermo, 41, homeless of Englewood. Charge: violation of probation. Bond: $800.
– Dina Mottaguedes, 37, 700 block of Narranja St., Punta Gorda. Charges: petty theft, possession of controlled substance without prescription, sale of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: none.
– Adam James Mangett, 46, 18500 block of Ohara, Port Charlotte. Charge: driving while license revoked. Bond: $5,000.
– Thomas Kevin Pegg, 47, 5700 block of Beechwood Road, Punta Gorda. Charge: violation of domestic violence injunction. Bond: none.
– Christian Bryant Goodspeed, 20, 22100 block of Malone Ave., Port Charlotte. Charges: grand theft of motor vehicle and criminal mischief. Bond: none.
— Compiled by Carlos Galarza-Veve